OPTOREADER – Optical detection for microfluidics
Optical Reader for Microfluidics: the OptoReader brings about the strength of duplex optical fiber measurement, high optical sensitivity and real-time processing capacity within a compact design. It offers the same performance as a microscope while being more cost effective. The use of optical fiber for both illumination and light collection largely frees up the space around the experiment and reduces the optical alignment to only one step.
COMPACT PLATFORM FOR FLUORESCENCE QUANTIFICATION
- High sample rate: 100 000 samples/s
- High sensitivity: refer to the technical specifications
- Lock-in detection capability: to eliminate constant background
- Compact design: the use of optical fiber allows low footprint and versatile integration
- Plug & Play: USB computer connection, empowered by the Elveflow software suite (ESI)
- Interoperability: TTL source trigger
Multiple configuration possibilities:
- Single detection: Measurement of fluorescence or reflection
- Dual detection: Simultaneous measurement on two detection channels
- Multiple color excitation: beta, up to 3 colors
- Custum filter set: 9 types of fluorophores
- Custom excitation wavelength: from UV to IR
And many other options:
- High fluorescence sensitivity: cooled detector, noise lower by a factor 10.
- LED or LASER source
- Alignment platform: Micrometric alignment table allowing beam alignment in a microfluidic chip.
- Inspection camera
- Customer inspired: Contact us for original propositions inspired by your needs!
365, 470, 530, 590, 625
Fluorescence filter Set
DAPI, FITC, TRITC, Texas Red, Cy3, Cy5, etc
Pulse duration (pulse mode)
Modulation (Lock-in mode)
Typ. acquisition dynamic
0 – 12
0 – 0.12
Noise equivalent power
3 x 10-15
0.3 x 10-15
Photoelectric sensitivity (532 nm)
0.5 x 106
2 x 109
Equivalent fluorescence background
(Specified on normal mode, virtually zero in lock-in mode)
< 1 nM FITC
Fiber core diameter
50, 100, 200, 400
0.22 – 0.6
Focalized spot diameter
35, 75, 150, 300
35 x 25 x 12
Detection limit : <1nM FITC (available option with photon counting capability).
Other wavelength and focalized spot diameter available on request.
These specifications are not contractual and can be changed without notice.
USB flow sensor software module
Thanks to an intuitive interface, the Elveflow® Smart Interface enables the use of Elveflow® instruments from the simplest commands for beginners to the most complex manipulations for experts… read more
Control your experiments through C, Python, Matlab®, Labview® or the Elveflow® Smart Interface. The Elveflow® Smart Interface is a software application offering all the functionalities that microfluidicists need.
T. Houssin, J. Cramer, R. Grojsman, L. Bellahsene, G. Colas, H. Moulet, W. Minella, C. Pannetier, M. Leberre, A. Plecis and Yong Chen. Ultrafast, sensitive and large-volume on-chip real-time PCR for the molecular diagnosis of bacterial and viral infections. Lab on a Chip, Feb 2016, DOI: 10.1039/c5lc01459j
Application note Detection of fluorescent droplets using the Optoreader