MFS - MICROFLUIDIC FLOW SENSOR
High accuracy liquid flow sensors
Elveflow® provides its customers high accuracy liquid mass flow sensors for ultra low flow rate monitoring. Furnished with an M8 electrical connection it can be controlled directly through the Elveflow® software to monitor the flow rate on your microfluidic experiment.
Plug and Play flow control
Our flow sensors can be plugged directly into our standalone flow reader or into your Elveflow flow control intruments (*see below).
Get Quote or Technical Information
(We will answer within 24 hours)
Enjoy a Smooth & Pulseless Flow
The combination of the MFS flow sensor’s and the extreme pressure stability of Elveflow instruments ensures a superior flow control performance upon first-time use. You can plug our liquid flow sensors anywhere within your microfluidic setup, record the flow rate on your computer and adjust the flow using our pressure controllers.
Short Flow Detection Response Time
The exceptional qualities of these MFS flow sensors (40 ms response time, resolution down to 1,5 pL/s) enables you to conduct extremely subtle experiments requiring a high level of technical expertise.
Principle (OB1 + FS)
All our pressure controller systems (OB1, AF1) can be coupled with a flow sensor (FS). Using our feedback loop (PID), you can monitor and control flow rates in your microfluidic setup while keeping stability and responsiveness of pressure driven flows.
13 ranges available and 5 dedicated to microfluidics
From 70 nL/min to 5 mL/min
Elveflow® integrates the best microfluidic flow sensor technologies. Our flow sensors achieve resolution rates as low as 1.5 pL/s, accuracy levels down to 0.15% of the full scale and response times down to 40 ms.
- Resolution down to 1,5 pL/sec
- 5 ranges from 1.5 µL/min to 5 mL/min
- Fully compatible with other Elveflow instruments
- Non-invasive measurements
- PEEK – High chemical compliance (1)
- Low dead volume down to 1 μL
- Bi-directional flow rate measurement (positive & negative)
(1) High chemical compliance
Inside the flow sensors, your sample will only be in contact with PEEK material to avoid any sample contamination.
MSR - MICROFLUIDIC SENSOR READER
Optional Monitoring & feedback control module
A device specifically designed to be used with a pressure sensor for pressure measurements inside your microchannels. The Sensor reader can be used to monitor pressure from any type of flow control instrument (syringe pump, peristaltic pump, perfusion, pressure controller).
ESI - Elveflow® Software
Plug & Play flow control
Our liquid pressure sensors can be used with Sensor reader to monitor pressure in the Elveflow® software. Our Smart Interface enables you to control your setup after a few minutes of training.
The following table summarizes the main features of the Elveflow® MFS Microfluidic Flow Sensor.
5 ranges of flow sensor are available
USB flow sensor software module
Thanks to an intuitive interface, the Elveflow® Smart Interface enables the use of Elveflow® instruments from the simplest commands for beginners to the most complex manipulations for experts… read more
Control your experiments through C, Python, Matlab®, Labview® or the Elveflow® Smart Interface. The Elveflow® Smart Interface is a software application offering all the functionalities that microfluidicists need.
If you only need to measure flow rate with our flow sensors without controlling pressure, Elveflow® offers you two solutions:
1) We can provide flow sensors and all the information required to control them using your computer or your electronic board.
2) We can provide flow sensors with our 4-port flow reader to enable you to monitor up to 4 flow sensors using Elveflow software or C/Python/MATLAB/LabVIEW.
PID OB1 Microfluidic FLOW CONTROL + FLOW SENSOR
The flow sensor is connected to the AF1 or OB1. The Elveflow® software automatically adjusts the pressure to reach the required flow rate. Researchers who want to monitor the flow rate from their syringe pump can plug the flow sensor to our flow reader.
- PRESSURE SUPPLY: Connect a dry, dust and oil free pressure source to your instrument.
- MONITORING: Control the pressure (OB1,AF1,flow reader) using the Elveflow® Software.
- SAMPLE: Pressurize the liquid inside the reservoir.
- CHIP: The pressurized liquid is smoothly and precisely injected onto the microfluidic chip at the desired flow rate.